Re: EggDBus

Hey David,

On Sun, 2008-12-21 at 21:48 -0500, David Zeuthen wrote:
> Hey,
>
> For the past 5 weeks or so, I've been working on a new (as compared to
> dbus-glib) D-Bus binding for GObject. The work on this has finally
> reached a stage where the code sufficiently complete and documented so I
> thought I'd send some mail describing it.

Long long e-mail, and my brain is too mushy to handle so much tech :)

My personal wishlist for D-Bus is mostly on the client side:
- dbus_g_object_register_marshaller() is hate. The marshalling code
should be using libffi so it just works (same holds true for native
GObject as well).
- dbus_g_proxy_add_signal() is also a pain, for the same reason
- there's no native support for properties. I should be able to use
g_object_get() directly on the proxy object.

Most of the rest of the infrastructure I can live with for now :)

Cheers