Re: [TreeView] Performance of TreeView with huge lists

On Mon, 2008-02-11 at 17:06 -0500, Morten Welinder wrote:
> Thorsten, try looking into ETable as used by Evolution (though not
> necessarily recent versions - I last looks 5 years ago).  It is not a
> beauty, but it might fit your needs,

Be wary of ETable though.  It /is/ still used by Evolution and serves
its purpose fairly well for large mail folders, but it also pulls in a
lot of crusty old baggage that you really don't want in a modern GNOME
application.  Evolution is hoping to wean itself from ETable someday.

The sliding window model mentioned elsewhere in this thread is probably
a better long-term solution.

Matthew Barnes