Re: Filechooser and Bookmarks spec

On Mon, 2008-02-11 at 18:01 +0100, nf2 wrote:

> Or perhaps GIO could be split into two *.so libraries . One for
> file-management and one for the file chooser shortcuts API, GAppInfo, ...

Extra libraries make applications more bloated (at least 4kb nonsharable
memory per process using the library), whereas adding unused code to a
library hardly affects a process using that library at all.

So, its more likely that things will be added to libgio.so rather than
in separate libraries. This has been discussed a lot recently, and the
likely approach we'll have for future additions of gobject based glib
APIs is to put them in libgio.so, but have them be a separate .pc file.