Release download locations

The gtk.org website's download section links to
ftp://ftp.gtk.org/pub/gtk/2.12/ and it appears that Matthias posts the
releases to http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/gtk+/2.12/

Going by the website, the latest release shown on the front page is
2.12.3, and the latest release on ftp.gtk.org is 2.12.6.

So, two things:  Should the download URL just be switched to
ftp.gnome.org?  And do we need someone to update the news on the front
page when releases are made?  I don't mind volunteering for this for now
if it's something that needs doing.

/ Cody