Re: glib gio win32 directory monitor

J. Ali Harlow wrote:
On 02/18/2008 03:56:59 PM, Vlad Grecescu wrote:
Hello list,

I don't know if there's any interest / work in progress on this, but noticing that the new Gio implementation lacks a directory monitor for windows I wrote one (patch against 2.15.4 attached, should work on 2.15.5 too)

I had to write something along these lines for a proprietary application a few years ago. I found that I needed to track the mapping of short names to long names for MS-Windows since the kernel has a habit of reporting file actions using the names passed in by the application. Thus if an application deletes a file using its short name by the time we get to hear about it, it's too late to ask the kernel what its long name was. I don't see anything in your code to do this.
Cheers,

Ali.

Well, I haven't got the chance to notice that but I suppose you're right.
I'll see what I can do to handle it without race conditions :)

I suppose there are few old programs that do this by default.

Thanks,
Vlad