Re: What does your personal GTK+ development system consist of?

On Mon, 2008-02-25 at 10:27 +0100, Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen wrote:

> > Use jhbuild and install everything in a different location, like with
> >  --prefix=/opt/gnome.
> >
> >  Instructions are here:
> >
> >  http://live.gnome.org/Jhbuild
> >  http://freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/jhbuild
>
> Personally I would not recommend jhbuild. I've used it a good handful
> times always without success.

your failures are of no consequence about the goodness of a tool -
unless you obviously circumstantiate those failures with actual bug
reports.

I commonly use jhbuild for projects in and outsite the platform, and
I've been doing so in the past few years; so I fully support the
original reply: jhbuild is the correct way to develop with checkouts of
gtk+, and in general the whole GNOME platform, without screwing up your
machine.

ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--