Re: GtkBuilder bug?

On Wed, 2008-02-27 at 22:20 +0000, Ross Burton wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-02-27 at 22:32 +0100, Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen wrote:
> > Hmmm. This sounds like a very narrow minded decision to me. I have
> > been planning to write write a framework where one can send GtkBuilder
> > XML snippets to a DBus service and have that service embed this as out
> > of process plugins.
> >
> > The described GtkBuilder behavior forces me to write a separate
> > validator before I pass it to the GtkBuilder. Bugger.
>
> I don't believe that any data passed to a library should result in a
> fatal warning, surely a GError return would be a far better option here.

this is data building your UI: it screams design tool, developer or
packager error, and I would expect GtkBuilder to error out very, very
quickly. if it were user input, or application data it would have been a
completely different story - but the UI layout of an application *is*
the application, it's not user data.

ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--