Re: testglib and user-dirs.dirs

On Mandag 31. desember 2007, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> On Dec 31, 2007 12:52 PM, Asbjørn <asbgpe online no> wrote:
>
> .
>
> > > what I meant to say is that GLib only guarantees the desktop directory
> > > to be non-NULL, the others may well be NULL.
> >
> > Ok.
> > The first fail will at G_USER_DIRECTORY_DOCUMENTS.
> >
> > Then the code could be like this:
> > if (file_exists("HOME/.config/user-dirs.dirs"))
> > {
> >      udddocs = g_get_user_special_dir (G_USER_DIRECTORY_DOCUMENTS);
> >      g_assert (udddocs != NULL);
> >      uddpubshare = g_get_user_special_dir
> > (G_USER_DIRECTORY_PUBLIC_SHARE); g_assert (uddpubshare != NULL);
> > }
>
> No. Even if user-dirs.dirs exists, some of the directories could still
> be NULL...
You said No but “Even if user-dirs.dirs exists, some of the directories could
still be NULL” is what my code example do.

My simple goal is to build glib and run “make test” without any errors.

This “user-dirs.dirs” requirement must be for Gnome,distro and not for glib
itself ?
If so then it's not a glib “ERROR”.
The testglib should check for “user-dirs.dirs” and skip those tests for non
gnome systems.

I'm checking out the Test framework because i have my own framework and i was
curious about glib's.

I first checked out from my OpenSUSE 10.3 system, but there it crashed !
See bug 506146 for info and fix. After fixing the bug in
glib/glib/tests/testing.c i ran into the “user-dirs.dirs” problem.
Then i checked from my Mandriva 2007. No crash, but still directory problem.