Re: RFC: Re-Design GtkStyle to only pass cairo-context?

I just found out that my suggestion seems to be even on the
GtkCairoIntegration task list, even if the wherefores are different.

Taken from http://live.gnome.org/GtkCairoIntegration:
5. Gtk+ themes need to support Cairo surfaces so that e.g.
insensitivity can be rendered without workarounds (e.g. insensitivity
for a TreeView cellrenderer rendering Cairo image surfaces)

Am I right that this means just passing a cairo-context to the themes,
so the context can be configured before passed to the theme-engine?
Are there already any plans, or has development already started?

Thank you in advance, lg Clemens