buildable_set_name

Hi,
When we do gtk_buildable_set/get_name for any object created through GtkBuilder, GtkBuildable does g_object_set/get_data to return the corresponding name of object if its set/get_name are not overridden.
But GtkWidget overrides set/get_name of buildable interface and does gtk_widget_set/get_name.
I may create GtkWidget through GtkBuilder and after that i may set widget name accordingly (to use different styles in different cases).
But when i do gtk_buildable_get_name it returns me new name which was set through widget_set_name and not through buildable_set_name.
No one except GtkAction and GtkActionGroup seems to be using buildable set/get_name.
My doubt is - What is the intention for GtkWidget to override set/get functions of GtkBuildable interface.
Can we get rid of it w/o affecting any Gtk applications.
Gtk+ don't have any idea about the custom Id's specified in ui file while object creation.
What is achieved doing by gtk_widget_set_name with Id specified in ui file.(gtkrc and ui Creator must be always in sync for themes to be work correctly )
I am planning to get rid of overriding set/get_name of buildable in GtkWidget. Does it will have any adverse effect?

Regards,
Amol.