Re: More patches

Yevgen Muntyan wrote:
Denis Oliver Kropp wrote:
Sven Neumann wrote:
On Thu, 2008-01-31 at 06:06 +0100, Denis Oliver Kropp wrote:
gtk-add-glib-libs-to-executables.patch
This was a scary build issue. I installed glib, pango and gtk, but kept using my system's atk. When gtk-query-immodules-2.0 was built it failed to link as it missed a lot of new functions in the glib, e.g. glib_checksum_new(). I found out that it somehow tried to link against my system's glib, though using pkg-config the correct new glib was returned. Not sure if it's libstuhl or just the order on the linker command line, but adding $(GLIB_LIBS) explicitly did the trick.
I did not apply this one as it affects other backends as well. Will
leave it up to the GTK+ developers to decide if this is the right thing
to do or not...

Ok, thanks! I think linking against GLIB_LIBS could only be a problem
if the version found by pkg-config if older than the one used by atk,
pango etc. For me it was the other way around which makes more sense.

'rm system_prefix/lib/*.la' [1] and try again? This issue isn't
directfb-specific.

I'm wondering if an .la file ever did any good to me... not to mention
the shell script that takes longer than gcc itself on many platforms.

--
Best regards,
  Denis Oliver Kropp