Re: RFC: GProxy, Dynamic Method Invocation

On Tue, 1 Jul 2008, Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen wrote:

Over the past few weeks I have been pondering a way to add dynamic
method invocation and introspection to GObjects. I am meaning to
implement this myself (unless someone else really want to do it), if
the reception is luke-warm or better :-)

You can find the draft here:
http://live.gnome.org/MikkelKamstrup/GProxyIdea you might want to
follow the links to GPlugin there, but that page is still a bit
messy...

What I would like to discuss is:

* Is this utter insanity?

In your emails and on the wiki pages you say (combined):
- your implementation shouldn't use code generation;
- you don't want to use libffi to call C methods.

How then, do you actually want to implement dynamic method invocations,
given that all you can hope to get from GModule is an opaque function
pointer once a method is found?

Cheers,
Mikkel

---