Re: g_app_launch_context_get_startup_notify_id

On Mon, 2008-07-07 at 13:49 +0200, Gian Mario Tagliaretti wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 1:33 PM, Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com> wrote:
>
> > And when documenting that a parameter can be NULL, it's best to say what
> > that would mean.
>
> In this particular case (launch and launch_uris) I didn't add an
> explanation because the long description already tells you that both
> are optional (and why),

You appear to be talking about function such as
g_app_info_launch_uris().

I thought we were talking about
g_app_launch_context_get_startup_notify_id() and
g_app_launch_context_get_display(). They do not say what their
parameters do.

/**
 * g_app_launch_context_get_startup_notify_id:
 * @context: a #GAppLaunchContext
 * @info: a #GAppInfo
 * @files: a #GList of of #GFile objects
 *
 * Initiates startup notification for the application and returns the
 * DESKTOP_STARTUP_ID for the launched operation, if supported.
 *
 * Startup notification IDs are defined in the <ulink
 *
url="http://standards.freedesktop.org/startup-notification-spec/startup-notification-latest.txt";>
 * FreeDesktop.Org Startup Notifications standard</ulink>.
 *
 * Returns: a startup notification ID for the application, or %NULL if
 *     not supported.
 **/
char *
g_app_launch_context_get_startup_notify_id (GAppLaunchContext *context,
					    GAppInfo          *info,
					    GList             *files)

I hate how often our documentation even sometimes just says "@thing: a
#GThing".