Justifying the GTK+ 3.0 ABI break

Every time that a parallel-installable GTK+ 3.0 has been proposed, and
now that it has been decided, I have asked for a list of actual useful
features that it will make possible. I've had no luck so far.

We need to offer people a future with some specific advantages so it
doesn't just look like the GTK+ developers are making their own lives a
little easier and scratching an unimportant itch. People don't care if
maintenance is hard for us, but they do care about new features and
particular bug fixes.

If the code cleanup is really necessary then there should be some things
we can list that it will make possible. It would be best to have that
list soon rather than after the slashdot shitstorm hits.

--
murrayc murrayc com
www.murrayc.com