Re: libgtk3deprecated (Re: About GTK+ 3.0 and deprecated things)

On Thu, 2008-07-17 at 20:18 +0200, Tim Janik wrote:

> I think any moderately experienced developer could tackle this (e.g.
> someone who has implemented his own widget at some point).

I -might- be willing to volunteer for this if nobody else does.  But if
I do I want to make it clear that I would be investing the initial
effort into getting it setup and building, I would absolutely not be
committing myself to maintain it.  I feel that application developers
who are still using it can take that responsibility.

> A closing word on the library name, since this'd be an ABI break,
> such a library only makes sense for Gtk+-3.0 (or 2.99.0) and should
> probably advertise that it ships deprecated Gtk+ stuff. So the best
> name is probably libgtk3deprecated for this (there could possibly
> be a libgtk4deprecated as well at some point).

I vote for libgtk3graveyard, just to really drive the point home. :)