Re: Proposal for a collection API in glib

Hi,

On Sun, Jul 20, 2008 at 4:21 AM, Colin Walters <walters verbum org> wrote:
> Again I think the point is we want to move this burden to the library
> authors (supported by the authors of all language bindings), rather than
> redundantly duplicating it in each binding.

Yes, in the short term the gir-repository module acts as a common
repository where only one binding author has to submit the memory
management annotation, and then all bindings have it. In the slightly
longer term (when gobject-introspection is "1.0") the gir should move
into each upstream package instead.

It's a good goal that failure to specify memory management should
break the build, I don't know if it would now; there might be a
default right now. I think a default for that might be bad.

Havoc