Re: GObject-Introspection

Yevgen Muntyan wrote:
Hi there,

On Jun 1, 2008, at 10:00 , Johan Dahlin wrote:

[gobject introspection stuff]

Too bad gobject-introspection depends on python-2.5. Is
it going to be a dependency only for gobject-introspection
itself, or is it going to be a dependency for projects
which use gobject-introspection, i.e. will a user need
python-2.5 to build a foobar package which happens to provide
or use introspection data?

I chosed to depend on python 2.5 because that was available on
my machine and I wanted to focus on writing code instead of writing something which runs on all possible setups.

However, it might make sense to make it run on python 2.4, which should
not be too difficult, patches are definitely welcome and if nobody submits one I might do the work myself in the future.

Johan