Shall I implement this and mentoring

Hi,

One issue I would like to be improved is the possibilities to mitigate bad user interfaces. Usually when the number of items in list boxes and list view grows I have to parse sometimes more then 100 items for a specific item and all operations on these lists becomes a mess resulting in tired eyes and brain. I do not want to complain but in stead try to find a solution and help.

This is my solution:
Each gtk-object should have different representations of it's state. You can choose to represent the object on screen as usual or as a published python object if you have python interpreter hooked to your application via dbus for example. or if you are on linux, make a FUSE directory that represents the data as a readable file repr.txt in that directory and perhaps allow for transfer back to the application by writing to specific files.

An example is for example I'm opening a listbox of 343 of email adresses and want to select those from a certain company. I want to do C-A-T, a shell opens up in a directory ~/.crapmail/com/listbox-314 with a file repr.txt, then do grep *soft* repr.txt > selection.out - voila I have sellected 23 adresses with no hazzle at all.

The other solution is to have a dbus interface, a python application can hook itself to the application, you open your listbox, push C-A-Dbus and then the cur, object in the ipython session will be an object representing the listbox.

What's your solution?

Do you agree on implementing something like this?, can anyone mentor me to implement this? Do you want to do this yourself that's fine with me?

Regards
Stefan