Re: [gtk+-win32] Repainting problem

2008/6/17 Sohail Somani <sohail taggedtype net>:
Cody Russell wrote:
On Mon, 2008-06-16 at 17:06 -0700, Sohail Somani wrote:
Using GTK+-2.10 on Windows XP, I noticed a repainting bug in one of
my gtk apps and reproduced it with gtk-demo.exe of gtk 2.10. I've
attached the screenshot of the problem. It happens when I move the window overlapping the gtk app around, in this case mspaint. Note that the mspaint titlebar is still visible where it overlapped previously.

Yeah, we're aware of some kind of repainting problems on the Win32
backend.  This is probably the same one that's in Bugzilla [1].  Is it
happening when you drag one window over another, or how are you
reproducing it?

It happens when I drag one window (not necessarily a GTK window) over another. I can reproduce it about once a minute if I try hard. Basically just randomly overlap the GTK window quickly many, many times and it eventually happens.

Yeah, as Cody said, we're aware of the issue, but none of us is sure how to fix it or where the problem is exactly. You're more than welcome to give it a shot and come up with a patch.

Cheers,

--
Sohail Somani
http://uint32t.blogspot.com