Re: proposal about glib

yangyang hexun com wrote:

> 1)I use glib's main event loop, but why glib's main event loop don't
> support epoll/kqueue?
>
> The poll/select func's efficiency is very poor.

<lurk mode="off">

Do you have any pointers to studies that measure the relative
performance? The only one I can find is this one (admittedly
a little old):

    http://www.gelato.org/pdf/Illinois/gelato_IL2004_epoll_brecht.pdf

which shows select slightly ahead when there are less than 10000
file descriptors.

</lurk>

Cheers,
Erik
Erik de Castro Lopo
"Copyrighting allows people to benefit from their labours,
but software patents allow the companies with the largest
legal departments to benefit from everyone else's work."
-- Andrew Brown
(http://www.guardian.co.uk/online/comment/story/0,12449,1387575,00.html)