Re: Moving "Open with" to the platform

On Tue, 2008-03-18 at 17:09 -0300, Claudio Saavedra wrote:
<snip>
> What about the "open with..." menu items machinery? This is
> reimplemented in more than one place (being eog and gthumb the examples
> I recall at the moment).

Totem has one to open videos embedded in web pages with the movie player
associated to it in the desktop. We only do the default player currently
though.

Even then, if would allow me to completely remove the application
launching code, which is pretty gross if you want to do startup
notification.