Re: proposal: substantial change to keyboard-driven action handling

>  There needs to be a 1:1, configurable mapping between any tuple of
>  these 3 properties and some action within a GTK application.

Why on Earth would you require that mapping be 1:1:?  What you need
is that action is a [mathematical] function of the 3-tuple.  There is nothing
wrong with invoking the same action for two different keys.

I wonder how this can be done while maintaining some measure of ABI
stability.

Morten