Re: Warnings compiling with glib svn trunk

On Wed, 2008-05-14 at 12:25 +0200, Carlos Garcia Campos wrote:
> This change in glib:
>
> http://svn.gnome.org/viewvc/glib/trunk/glib/gi18n.h?r1=6713&r2=6882
>
> changes the prototype of _() returning now a const char *. This produces
> a lot of warnings  in some programs. I've just noticed it compiling
> nautilus from svn trunk which seems to have the Werror flag active by
> default.

_() always returned a const gchar*, be it when it was expanding to
gettext() (which returns a const char*) or when it expanded to the
string it contained.

applications keeping/modifying the string returned by _() around without
copying it first have always been broken and should be fixed.

ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--
Emmanuele Bassi,