Re: Help newbie with gtk+ patch

On Mon, 2008-05-19 at 00:10 -0400, muppet wrote:

> I can speak only about the crash and the code; as for whether this is
> the right way to solve the bug, i can't really say.

Yeah I realise it's not ideal, but it works ( now ).

Thanks for the advise on GValue and stuff :)

The code you posted works, but I'm getting *lots* of warnings:

GLib-GObject-WARNING **: gvalue.c:89: cannot initialize GValue with type
`gchararray', the value has already been initialized as `gchararray'
at .posting/posting.pl line 364.

I assume this is from calling:
   g_value_init (&value, G_TYPE_STRING);

inside the loop. Can you only do this once? I'll try moving
the g_value_init() outside the loop.

I need some faster PCs to compile on ...

Thanks again for your help :)

--
Daniel Kasak
IT Developer