Re: ChangeLog format

On Tue, 2008-05-27 at 17:13 -0300, Johan Dahlin wrote:

> I always try to do:
>
> 2008-05-27  Matthias Clasen  <mcl     redhat com>
>
>           * gtk/gtkprintunixdialog.c: Disconnect signal handlers when
>           the dialog closes. (#531008, Yevgen Muntyan).
>
> Where the name(s) after the bug are all persons involved in solving
> the bug.
>
> Which I think that I picked up from Matthias, but it appears he's not
> using
> that format any longer.

I proposed the new format in March:

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-devel-list/2008-March/msg00023.html

Tim asked me to propose it.  And Matthias said he doesn't mind using it.
Morten called it "a solution looking for a problem" and suggested that
it would be "another barrier to participation in gtk+ maintenance".
Which makes me wonder how are we going to trust anyone who can't do a
middle-click paste of the bug line when committing...

So yeah, I suggest people use the new format.  It's more informative,
and easier to write.  Here is how you do it: while you have the but page
open in your browser, triple-click on the title line of the bug page
(the line above "View Bug Activity".  Then bring your editor up and at
middle-click to paste the bug line into the ChangeLog.)

--
behdad
http://behdad.org/

        -- Benjamin Franklin, 1759