Re: GObject-Introspection

Murray Cumming wrote:
On Mon, 2008-09-01 at 16:33 +0200, Johan Dahlin wrote:
[..]
As I've told Johan, this won't be possible for significant amounts of
the API, because human thought really is required to make truly usable
APIs. And I worry that the auto-generation will create bad API that will
be declared stable and unbreakable without a maintainer ever even
looking at it.

PyGTK has used that concept quite successfully for a long time.

But nevertheless, it's up to the bindings to decide what they are going to do with the information. If someone wants to write a completely automated binding they should be free to do so. However, I expect most bindings to have small or large parts of manually written APIs on top of the one exported in the GIR/typelib.

Johan