Re: GTK adjustement changes create incompatible behaviour between versions?

On Mon, 2008-09-22 at 11:07 -0700, Brian J. Tarricone wrote:
> Ghee Teo wrote:
> > Patryk Zawadzki wrote:
> >>
> >> Can we get a precise list of affected applications? I only tripped
> >> over Inkscape so far but that's not part of GNOME and we'll likely
> >> patch it up downstream if there's no upstream fix.
> >>
> > The list of applications affected were listed by Kjartan and Vincent on
> > this thread previously.
>
> The list of *GNOME applications* affected were listed.  I'm afraid the
> world of gtk apps is quite a bit larger than those hosted on
> svn.gnome.org...

not only that, this change doesn't seem very widely publicized. i'm on a
couple of other gtk mailing lists, and it has not been mentioned there.
there is nothing obvious about it on the website. things are all set for
a PR disaster, as app after app after app runs into this subtle change
and everyone can turn around and legitimately say "nobody told us until
the change was released".

--p