Re: Widget states for 3.0 (and 2.18?)

On Mon, 2009-08-17 at 10:58 -0400, Owen Taylor wrote:

> What happens when you hover over a pressed-in togglebutton?

In GTK+ you get GTK_SHADOW_IN and GTK_STATE_PRELIGHT. In a hypothetical
new API the state would be "prelight" and the bitfield flags would
include "checked".

> (As Matthias says, if you investigate the current GTK+ state types, once
> you get beyond the trivial stuff things fall apart. I don't think you'll
> find any rational reason that a scrollbar trough is drawn in the active
> color, other than the active color is dark, and scrollbars needed
> to be drawn dark.)

Yes, I'm aware of how GTK+ uses (and abuses) state types. GtkNotebook is
another example of these oddities; the "active" tab is drawn with
GTK_STATE_NORMAL and the "inactive" tabs are drawn with
GTK_STATE_ACTIVE!

Regards,

Thomas