Re: Notes and thoughts on the GTK+ meeting at GUADEC

On Tue, 2009-08-18 at 15:27 -0700, Christian Hergert wrote:
> One of the items I haven't seen discussed is input validation.  Web
> frameworks such as Rails and Django spent a great deal of time
> making
> these easy to work with and I think that it should be considered for
> gtk+ 3.0.

I only took a really brief peek, but this is something I've thought
about in the past as well inspired somewhat by the validators that
Medsphere had (I can try to dig up the code if you're interested in it,
but yours seems to be pretty similar in some ways already).

I'll play around with it and look at it in more detail soon.  The most
obvious thing I see just from peeking at the API is that true/false is
not enough information about the result of a validation.. you probably
need some way for widgets to be able to provide custom error messages
when they fail.

/ Cody