Re: GtkOrientable: Can widgets now be flipped?

Hi!

On Sun, 08 Feb 2009 14:51:10 +0100
Sven Herzberg <herzi-ml gnome-de org> wrote:

> AFAIR, you can flip it of you create a GtkBox/GtkScale, but not if you
> create a Gtk[HV]{Box,Scale}... Mitch?

Gtk[HV]Box sets only the property in init. So it should be possible to change the orientation.

In the set_property function of GtkBox a resize is queued when you set the orientation which means that you can flip the orientation at runtime. I guess it is also possible in Gtk[HV]Box because it inherits the property.

In my animation demo my GtkAnimBox inherits from GtkBox and flipping is done only by setting the orientation property.

I hope this helps, have a nice Sunday!

Hagen