Re: set_resize

Il giorno mer, 14/01/2009 alle 15.19 +0200, markku vire iki fi ha
scritto:
> Hi,
>
> Quoting Pietro Battiston <toobaz email it>:
>
> > the documentation for gtk_widget_size_request () says:
> >
> > "Also remember that the size request is not necessarily the size a
> > widget will actually be allocated."
> >
> > While there may be a lot of reasons why a widget doesn't get the area
> > requested, I imagine(d) the basic one would be "because there is not
> > enough space on the screen for everyone".
>
> The most common case when requisition and allocation differ is that a widget
> gets more space than it requested. This happens easily when widget is packed
> into container (like GtkVBox/GtkHBox) and is set to expand.

Sure, I wasn't very precise, sorry. Maybe my quoting of the docs was
unfortunate; I meant "it doesn't get _all_ the area requested, but
something smaller" (in one dimension or the other).

Is there some case in which this already happens?
Is there some general reason why it shouldn't?

Pietro