Re: Decorating scales

Matthias Clasen schrieb:
> On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 12:31 AM, Matthias Clasen
> <matthias clasen gmail com> wrote:
>> I'd like to get this functionality into 2.16, if nobody objects, but
>> I'm not entirely sure that I have managed to come up with the best
>> possible api for this yet:
>

> To wrap up this discussion:
>
> I just committed a slightly simplified version of my patch, leaving
> out icons, and reducing the
> api to just gtk_scale_add_mark + gtk_scale_clear_marks. I think the
> 'ticks at regular intervals' that several people brought up are
> something different, and require another api, like
>
> gtk_scale_set_ticks (GtkScale            *scale,
>                                GtkPositionType  position,
>                                gdouble               major_tick_spacing,
>                                gdouble               minor_tick_spacing)
>
> which is what e.g. Qt and Swing have. But I'm not going to tackle that
> right now.

Any idea about the addressing the issue with the fill-level? Just disabling it
is not so nice, as those scales look then different than others. What about:

void              gtk_scale_set_center (GtkScale        *scale,
                                        gdouble          value);

Although I don't know if adding API is the right way to do it, as there might be
themes where this has no visible effect at all.

Stefan