Re: generating documentation in a printable format...

On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 12:11 AM, Simos
Xenitellis<simos lists googlemail com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 9:39 PM, Stefan Kost<ensonic hora-obscura de> wrote:
>> Murray Cumming schrieb:
>>>
>>> It's not that bad if you can use fop. And that's not as difficult as it
>>> once was. I think most of the bugs I found last time are now fixed.
>>> http://www.murrayc.com/blog/permalink/2009/01/20/flumotion-documentation/
>>>
>> I tried using various versions of fop, but get java backtraces for all of them.
>> I filed bugs for those, but nothing happens there :/
>
> An additional method to generate PDF is to use dblatex with the LaTeX
> or XeTeX backends.
> XeTeX is getting more popular as it works better with Unicode.
> See http://simos.info/blog/archives/31 for examples.
>
> I just tried generating the PDF documentation for gtk-docs using
> dblatex and either the LaTeX/XeTeX backends.

...snip...

I generated PDFs with dblatex, using both backends,
http://simos.info/pub/gtk-reference-documentation-test-latex.pdf
http://simos.info/pub/gtk-reference-documentation-test-xetex.pdf

I modified the intermediate .tex files in a few places so that a PDF
can be produced.

Simos