Re: Can not find any function definition in GTK library files.

Note that your question was posted to the wrong list. gtk-devel-list
is for discussion about the development of GTK+ itself. Not for
discussion about using GTK+.

> I replaced the GTK source file (gtk+-2.16.1\gtk) where i found the library
> definition in the GTK bundle (C:\MinGW\include) but it is not referencing
> the file containing gtk_button_new_with_label function definition.

Sorry, I don't really understand what you mean here. Of course,
putting a source file in the directory where headers are won't make
anything special happen.

> Normally in C the definition of printf can be found in stdio.h file.

No it is definitely not. A *declaration* of printf is found in
stdio.h. Not the *definition*. Please understand the difference.

You might be confused by a convention common in many C++ libraries,
where the header files contain also definitions of class methods.
(Especially true for template-based classes, where I guess it is the
only possible way? I am not a C++ expert.)

> but GTK libraries does using the file containing their function definition.
> how is it compiling its library function.

Are you asking how to build GTK+? For Windows? It can be rather hard
if you don't know what you are doing. For many people, it is easiest
to cross-build from Linux. It might be the easiest way for you, too.

--tml