Re: GTK on Windows

There is a standard way, and that is to have each gtk application install its own copy of gtk under Windows. I.e. there is no gtk at all in system/software, and thus there can be no conflicts. The gtk runtime is very small, around 10-15MB and with todays hard drives and download speeds that overhead is negligable. If there are any programs that depend on a "global" gtk installation, then that may be considered a bug that should be fixed.

I believe there have been lengthy discussions about this issue on this list in the past, and the duplication of gtk runtime was the least evil solution that was agreed upon.

Regards,
Dov