Re: Thoughts on GTK+ and CSS

Am Mon, 27 Jul 2009 18:40:41 -0700
schrieb Keith Rarick <kr xph us>:
> > The "margin" property in gtk is not implemented like you assume
> > above. Also does GtkContainer not expose information about child
> > widget positions like you suggest using ":first-child" and friends.
> > Work on those limitations would break the way for more a more
> > comprehensive mapping of css onto gtk.
>
> Okay. I only meant that example to suggest what a theme could do in
> principle, even if it uses features that don't exist yet.
>
> Would you accept a patch with work toward those things, such as margin
> or first-child?

Many people, including me, would like margin and padding for use in
applications, you may want to consider that when looking into the theme
side of it. Currently gtk_container_set_border_width,
gtk_box_set_child_spacing and gtk_misc_set_padding are what comes
closest to that on the application side.

Regards,
    Christian