WM_COMMAND X property not set

I am using OpenWindows and noticed that owplaces(1) is not returning command line arguments when it lists the running applications. It looks like this would normally be done by passing (argv, argc) as the 5th & 6th arguments of XSetWMProperties, but I see (NULL, 0) is passed in instead in gdkwindow-x11.c:setup_toplevel_window().

Assuming WM_COMMAND not being set is the problem, is there way to get GDK to set this? Or should I just be using the X routines directly?

Thanks in advance,

Chris