Re: client side windows - request for testing and reviewing

2009/6/17 Alexander Larsson <alexl redhat com>:
<SNIP>
> So, please, please, please, test this code. We need people who run
> "uncommon" apps to test it, and we need people to run it on apps they
> know really well so we can find minor changes in behaviour.

Here are some usage observations. I'll hopefully get time to play
with/look at the API in the weekend.

I've been playing around with Baobab, Evolution, GIMP, Evince, Gnome
Terminal, and Gnome Do. As far as my playing around goes they all
seemed to behave like they use to.

Performance wise the absolute clearest win was when resizing the
treeview rows in evolution. On "old" Gtk+ it is a major
d-dr-d-dra-drag, while as with client-side-windows power is is
completely smooth. Subjectively there seemed to be a small win in
scrolling with high zoom levels in Evince, but not quite as clear as
the treeview row resizing. Reflowing the layout in the Gimp toolbox
(by feverishly resizing the window) did not change visibly, but that's
probably because the major bottleneck is the reflow, not the redraw.

--
Cheers,
Mikkel