Re: client side windows - request for testing and reviewing

On Fri, 2009-06-19 at 13:04 -0400, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 7:19 AM, Alexander Larsson<alexl redhat com> wrote:
>
> > It would be very nice if we could merge this soon. However, to do that
> > we need more testing and people to look at the code. As things stand
> > right now I've gotten essentially zero feedback. I don't know of anyone
> > except the two backend porters who have built or looked at the code
> > really.
>
> I'm running my desktop on csw right now. The one thing I've noticed so
> far is some issues on the login screen (background doesn't get drawn
> initially, and the g-p-m icon does not show up on the panel. I think
> tbzatek already reported some issues on the login screen ?
>

> One thing that would really help here is to convert some of the
> commentary into doc comments for the new api. I had a real hard time
> figuring out what the new signals are (get-offscreen-parent, etc), and
> why they don't seem to have any default handlers. Until I saw them
> used in one of the test widgets. Are users of offscreen windows
> required to handle these, or should there be default handlers ? Docs
> would really help for that.

Yeah, that stuff was most recently added and needs some documentation.

I think I need to write a section in the generic docs about how client
side windows works too, in addition to the API call docs.

> I notice there is a bunch of TODO left throughout the code, are any of
> those worrisome ?

I don't believe so, but I'll make a pass over them to check it out.