Re: GObject Introspection as part of the GNOME platform

Emmanuele Bassi schrieb:
> On Tue, 2009-03-10 at 15:18 -0300, Johan Dahlin wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> We think GObject Introspection adds a lot to the GNOME platform and
>> would like to
>> discuss how it can be integrated.
>
> yey!
>
> absolutely agree about finally having G-I integrated in the platform.
>
>> * Source comment (gtk-doc) annotations we expect C authors to
>>   use and maintain in libraries
>
> it would be good to have a gtk-doc release (and people depending on it,
> so that distro will finally start shipping a decent version of gtk-doc)
> that understands those annotations, stripping them when needed or adding
> human readable descriptions (this would also help increase the
> consistency in the API references on library.gnome.org). I know that
> ensonic is working on this.

I'll try to make one by the end of april at least (hopefully earlier). There is
some ongoing changes, but I can turn those things off, if I can finish them. The
syntax highlighed code listing changes could get more testing though. I prefer
to get the bug reports before releasing :)

Stefan