Re: Gtk+ problem with time-consuming threads

Tor Lillqvist wrote:
> You can't use GTK+ from multiple threads on Windows. That is just how
> it is. It is a consequence of GTK+ originally being written just for
> X11.

I always thought it was because of how the Windows event model works.
Back in the horrible old MFC days I remember having to setup special
message queues so that threads could trigger updates to the gui by
passing messages to the main thread which would do the actual gui drawing.

Even in Linux and X11, I think the g_idle_add() pattern is clearly the
best way to do this.