Re: GLib and Symbian?

> If Tim or Matthias can comment and mention whether this solution would
> be acceptable, I'd be willing to try to adapt the gtk rewriter to try to
> automatically convert the global statics to use Tor's macro.

The WSD changes, and the build files will be the major changes
required for getting glib to work on Symbian.

Regarding the first, WSD is only a problem with development on the
emulator. More specifically, it is only a problem, if TWO or more
processes on the emulator are using the DLL. Otherwise, the flag
'EPOCALLOWDLLDATA' in the build file is all that is required to build
and use Glib.

Regarding the build files, I would suppose the right folder to put
them into, would be /build/symbian/ .

Taking these 2 into consideration, as a first step, I will attempt to
create a patch for the glib trunk, to allow it to be built on Symbian.

We can use the glib test suite to validate this "first" port, and
refine it further.