Re: Why are no developers completing/maintaining native Gtk+ for OS X?

On Tue, 10 Nov 2009, Paul Davis wrote:

> I do not believe that using a pre-built GTK OS X framework is
> desirable for users or developers. Include GTK as part of your
> app bundle. Its not hard to do and gives you complete control
> over which version of GTK is used by your app.

I think this confuses two issues. I include a pre-built GTK as
part of my app bundle for OS X, just as I do for MS Windows.
It is difficult for me to build the GTK stack for OS X myself
because I work on Linux and have only occasional access to an OS X
machine.

With the win32 binaries available from gtk.org, one can select the
pre-built package that works best (i.e. "complete control over GTK
version").  It would be great to be able to do that with OS X too,
though of course I understand that Kris Rietveld casn't be
expected to do all the work this would involve!

Allin Cottrell