Re: Gtk-OSX Frameworks (was: Why are developers...)

On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 1:10 PM, John Ralls <jralls ceridwen us> wrote:

> On Nov 10, 2009, at 4:16 AM, Paul Davis wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 1:10 PM, Jack Skellington <dacobi gmail com> wrote:

Guys,
   I just wanted to take this ridiculously appropriate opportunity to
congratulate
you on the great improvements on the OSX build I've seen this year.

I by chance had a contract that involved building a GTK+/GStreamer application
that primarily had to run on OSX; two very notable results:

   a.) I started doing osx builds of Glade, and even did the
ige-mac-integration thing,
        just because it was so damn easy to do, that says alot because
I've really had
        next to no time this year for hacking Glade.

   b.) I started to appreciate jhbuild for the first time, actually
now I just stay
        on osx and do anything GTK+ related on osx, just because damn it builds
        so easy on osx, easier than on ubuntu (hell I even built nbtk on my
        MacBook last week just for the hell of it, I only had to hack
the clipboard code
        and run an unstable clutter).

So thanks for making my job so easy, and thanks for making Glade and other
GNOME apps easily available on OS X ;-)

Cheers,
       -Tristan