Re: GVariant support for Unix fds (Was Re: GDBus/GVariant plans for next GLib release)

On Wed, 2009-11-11 at 09:31 -0500, David Zeuthen wrote:
> Should probably define an abstract GDBusHandleSet interface and then
> have a concrete GDBusUnixFdSet class (and possibly a GDBusWin32HandleSet
> too) implement it.

I'm not totally sure that this makes sense.  The support that exists in
DBus is *very* specific to unix file descriptors (the type is even
called 'UNIX_FD').  I'm not sure that it will ever support passing win32
handles in the same way...

Maybe we should ask upstream about their intentions?

Cheers