Re: GIO will link with -pthread soon

Ryan Lortie wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-11-12 at 14:04 +0100, Stanislav Brabec wrote:
> > Other possibilities:
> > - Cleanly say, that dynamic loading of modules linked with libpthread is
> > not recommended.
> This would definitely be the nicest solution, but I doubt that it is
> possible.

I guess that not allowing of -lpthread in any glib/gtk modules would be
a strong (and unpredictable) limitation. Imagine that module works with
foo-1.1 but you cannot upgrade to foo-1.2, just because version 1.2
started to use threads.

I met described gdb problem while trying to debug gtk application in an
environment with libcanberra-gtk-module loaded by default (openSUSE
11.2).

Michael Meeks could know more about the interposing and maybe propose
beter fix for gmodule, gtk or gio.

I think that gmodule-2.0.pc is the best place to add needed fix, as
problems.

--
Best Regards / S pozdravem,

Stanislav Brabec
software developer
SUSE LINUX, s. r. o.                          e-mail: sbrabec suse cz
Lihovarská 1060/12           tel: +420 284 028 966, +49 911 740538747
190 00 Praha 9                                  fax: +420 284 028 951
Czech Republic                                    http://www.suse.cz/