Re: GConverter commited

On Tue, 2009-11-24 at 17:20 -0500, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
> On 11/24/2009 11:09 AM, Shaun McCance wrote:
>
> > So with my implementation, by the time you get to the
> > magic, you've already set up a GConverterInputStream
> > with the magic decompressor.  If the stream turns out
> > to be uncompressed, you'd have to do a null conversion.
> > I suppose the magic decompressor could just have the
> > null conversion built in.
>
> Isn't it like a matter of memcpy() in convert(), and nothing in reset()?  Not
> that I oppose a cat-converter.

Oh duh.  I was thinking it was slightly less trivial, that
you'd have to maintain a buffer in case outbuf is smaller
than inbuf.  But I just realized that convert doesn't have
to consume all of inbuf.  That's what bytes_read is for.

So I updated my magic decompressor in my git repository so
that, if it doesn't detect any compression, it just passes
the data through.  It's like six lines of code.

--
Shaun