Re: Speeding up thumbnail generation (like multi threaded). Thoughts please.

On Mon, Oct 5, 2009 at 3:26 PM, Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak
<mjc avtechpulse com> wrote:
> On 10/03/2009 02:08 PM, Mark wrote:
>>>
>>> So what's the conclusion? The existing Nautilus code is OK, except that
>>> it
>>> should be threaded?
>>
>> That sounds like a good conclusion for now but are we going to do
>> something with it?
>
> I'm not a Nautilus developer, but I'd guess that a benchmarked patch against
> Nautilus would be appreciated...
>
> - Mike

That will, in time, come.
I don't have the time right now or the coming weeks to do that but i
will make something somewhere late this month early next month

I'm also kinda afraid that speeding up the thumbnailing progress isn't
going to speed it up visually because of GTK... right now it seems
nautilus is redrawing the window with every change while that might be
faster if it only updates once every second.. i might be wrong about
that but it's just my visual observation.