Re: 2.90 branch

Am Tue, 29 Sep 2009 18:47:48 +0200
schrieb Christian Dywan <christian lanedo com>:

> Am Tue, 29 Sep 2009 13:04:54 +0200
> schrieb Javier Jardón <javierjc1982 gmail com>:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I've read here [1] about the creation of a GTK+ branch for GTK+
> > 2.90/3.0 development after 2.14 has been released.
> > GTK+ 2.18 has been released and I think that no branch was created,
> > is there any plans to create that branch soon?
> >
> > Best Regards
> >
> > [1] http://live.gnome.org/GTK%2B/3.0/Tasks#Q0
>
> Hey Javier,
>
> I actually started to look into doing that this week. I think we have
> resolved all but a handful of sealing/ accessor issues at this point,
> and at least some of the GTK+ hackers seem to share the sentiment. So
> I think it's a good time.
>
> So I guess I should try to organize this a bit, and see if I can
> attract some bears to the honey.
>
> I started a local branch gtk-2.90, where I began to remove deprecated
> classes and functions which basically is #Q1.
>
> Question: do others agree, and can I push the branch to git.gnome.org
> so everybody can join the effort?

For the record, I pushed the gtk-2.90 branch now, it "almost" compiles,
that is I need to fix GtkInputDialog which uses deprecated functions
and a few tests also still use old API.

Anybody is welcome to help out, preferrably poke here or poke me in
#gtk+ (kalikiana) before so we don't end up duplicating work.

I rebased the branch once so far, Emanuelle offered to do that in the
future.

There's also http://live.gnome.org/GTK+/3.0/Tasks in the wiki. What I
did so far is #Q0, creating the branch, and #Q1, removing deprecated
code.

ciao,
    Christian