Re: GDBus/GVariant plans for next GLib release

>  - The libdbus-1 on Win32 / OS X story. Gah.
>
>   So either we a) restrict this to UNIX (put headers in gio-unix-2.0)
>   or; b) we just tell people they need to use e.g. WinDBus on Win32,

There is a relatively new effort to clear up the dbus situation on
Windows situation, "dbus4win", see
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/dbus/2009-April/011207.html ,
but last time when I asked about that I was told that the people doing
it consider it done, but haven't done any releases (source or binary),
or upstreaming efforts.

When I looked at it it seemed to work, but unfortunately the upstream
dbus code has in the meantime diverged quite a bit from when the
dbus4win repo was cloned. No idea how hard it will be to merge back.
(One minor problem in dbus4win is that they use a different build
system (cmake) and their code hardcodes some pathname assumption that
differ from what a "normal" "./configure --prefix=/whatever && make
install" does.)

--tml